Manage episode 298472578 series 2783374
Compliance into the Weeds is the only weekly podcast which takes a deep dive into a compliance related topic, literally going into the weeds to more fully explore a subject. This week Matt and Tom take a deep dive into the Deferred Prosecution Agreement entered into by First Energy company for its bribery of certain state officials in the state of Ohio, including the former Speaker of the House in Ohio.
Some of the issues we consider are:
- What were the underlying facts?
- What were the bribery schemes involved?
- How did the tax code facilitate the bribery?
- What are the compliance program implications?
- How does this fit into ESG?
Matt in Radical Compliance
First Energy and Domestic Corruption Woes
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices