Manage episode 306221999 series 2686802
In this episode of Cloud Native Startup, Ihor Dvoretskyi, Developer Advocate at Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF), joins me for a conversation about contributing a project to CNCF. We discuss the benefits of contributing an open source project and Ihor shares insight on the key metrics for success. Ihor also defines each of the three project stages; sandbox, incubating, and graduated, and takes a deep dive into the history of this fascinating open source foundation.
- A closer look at the history of CNCF and the benefits of contributing a project for both contributors and end-users. (00:18)
- What it means to donate a project and the responsibilities and continuing services CNCF provides. (08:11)
- Exploring the different maturity levels of CNCF’S projects – sandbox, incubating and graduated. (12:41)
- How the CNCF Technical Oversight Committee evaluates projects in consideration for contribution – and Ihor provides insight on the stage that requires the most time and commitment. (18:23)
- Understanding what a successful open source project looks like and how it is measured. (22:42)