Manage episode 308292148 series 2412309
When a leader doesn’t deal with emotions properly, it can have negative impacts on those they lead. Are you in touch with your emotions as a leader? Do you find healthy ways to manage and process your emotions?
One of the things that often comes up as we enter the holiday season are feelings and emotions. We can have unwanted emotions, family challenges, or too high of expectations. Perhaps there is more pressure at work and you're finding it hard to enjoy the season. The truth is that when we don’t deal with or manage our emotions, it has a negative impact on us (both in the moment and the long term), and it actually impacts the people we lead as well.
In today's conversation, I’m chatting with Jessica Hottle about her leadership journey and why we as leaders need to manage our emotions. Jessica shares a 5 step process we can use to manage our emotions as leaders.For the full show notes, visit estherlittlefield.com/episode180. Key Points Discussed:
- About Jessica and her leadership [4:35]
- Jessica's leadership journey [6:35]
- How she came to Christ [8:30]
- Leadership lessons from Jessica's life [9:40]
- How she became interested in the issue of emotions [11:50]
- Why it’s important for leaders to manage and process their emotions [13:50]
- Help on identifying emotions [17:50]
- Jessica's 5 step process of dealing with emotions [21:40]
- Step 1: Acknowledge your emotion
- Step 2: Identify your emotion
- Step 3: Accept the emotion
- Step 4: What is the emotion telling you?
- Step 5: Have the conversation with God
- Advice for less emotional women [28:20]
- Practical ways to identify why something is upsetting you [34:05]
- Balancing emotions based on scripture [37:50]
- Helping someone deal with emotions in a healthy way [43:00]
- Resources that help her lead [45:30]
- Healthy habits [47:00]
- Leadership advice [48:20]
Confident Conversations is a mini-course designed to help you initiate and lead hard conversations as a Christian woman… even if you struggle with confrontation, aren’t sure what to say, and want to avoid hurting people in the process. Find out more and grab this mini-course here: http://confidentconversations.co/Connect with Esther and Holly:
This episode was originally published on estherlittlefield.com/episode180.