Manage episode 306167235 series 2412309
Have you seen friends and family experiencing division and even ‘unfriending’ one another over differences? Why is this happening, and what is the impact on our faith and leadership when we view disagreement as the enemy?
Disagreement does not have to be the enemy. Yet, for many in our culture and even in our Christian communities, disagreement is viewed as something to be avoided. And when we view disagreement this way, we react to it in unhealthy ways.
In this episode (part 1 of the conversation), I’m going to share 6 of the unhealthy responses to disagreement that I have seen take place in my own life as well as in the church and culture. I’m also discussing what happens as a result of these responses. In part 2 of this conversation, I’ll be sharing about how we can gain a different perspective about disagreement--one that reflects the love and light of Christ more effectively.
For the full show notes, visit estherlittlefield.com/episode176.Other Episodes Mentioned:
- Episode 145: Learning to See Other Perspectives & Why It Matters as Leaders
- Episode 59: The Importance of Apologetics in Leadership & Dealing with Doubt with Hillary Morgan Ferrer
- Episode 164: How to Bring a Concern to Your Leader - A 4-Step Process
- Episode 168: How to Receive Feedback as a Leader (and Why it Matters)
- Episode 173: Two Challenges that Can Destroy Our Leadership and How We Can Respond to Them with Shannon Popkin
- The Christian Woman Business Podcast
- Esther’s Website
- Holly’s Website
- Facebook Group
- Facebook Page
Confident Conversations is a mini-course designed to help you initiate and lead hard conversations as a Christian woman… even if you struggle with confrontation, aren’t sure what to say, and want to avoid hurting people in the process.
Find out more and grab this mini-course here: http://confidentconversations.co/