Manage episode 290803175 series 2902612
We’d love to hear from you (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Look us up on social media
In the past, we discussed the idea of reversing the aging process. The concept that in the future we might be able to end a human's tendency to die simply because we survived for too many years. What about the issues that arise simply from trying to live. What if our organs fail or get damaged, or what if we lose large sections of bone? From 3D printing to organ-on-a-chip, what does the future look like when we consider where medicine is going?
- Abrams, M.; 3D Printing Bones. 14-Jan-2016. American Society of Mechanical Engineering. https://www.asme.org/topics-resources/content/3d-printing-bones
- Hanaphy, P.; University of Minnesota Researchers Use 3D Bioprinting to Create Beating Human Heart. 3D Printing Industry. 07-Jul-2020. https://3dprintingindustry.com/news/university-of-minnesota-researchers-use-3d-bioprinting-to-create-beating-human-heart-173210/
- Rajkumar, S.; The High Cost of Insulin in the United States: An Urgent Call to Action. Mayo Clinic Proceedings. 01-Jan-2020. 95:1 (22 - 28). Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mayocp.2019.11.013
- Everett, H.; Aldershof Startup Develops Novel Dual-Color Volumetric 3D Printing Method. 3D Printing Industry. 08-Jan-2021. https://3dprintingindustry.com/news/aldershof-startup-develops-novel-dual-color-volumetric-3d-printing-method-182018/#:~:text=Volumetric%203D%20printing%20is%20regarded,in%20a%20matter%20of%20seconds.
- Carneiro Neto, A., Malta, O.; Glowing Nanocrystals Enable 3D X-Ray Imaging. Nature. 17-Feb-2021. 590 (396 - 397). Doi: https://doi.org/10.1038/d41586-021-00350-2
- Nillesen, S., et. al.; Increased Angiogenesis and Blood Vessel Maturation in Acellular Collagen-Heparin Scaffolds Containing Both FGF2 and VEGF. Biomaterials. 20-Nov-2006. 28:6 (1123 - 1131). Doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.biomaterials.2006.10.029