Manage episode 289779387 series 2692260
We often hear clients ask "do you have any good accounts for men who struggle with food?" In today's episode Registered Dietitian Nutritionists Dalina Soto and Melissa Landry interview fellow Dietitian Aaron Flores, RDN for his perspective on "bro culture", the danger of assuming all men's experiences with body image are the same (they're not), and how diet culture hurts all genders.
In today’s episode we discuss:
- do men worry about dieting and body image as much as women? what unique pressures are men facing from diet culture?
- how do we help boys and men experience positive body image? Is it different from other gender expressions?
- partner dynamics across all genders: what do you do if your partner doesn't get why your ditching diets? what if one person wants weight loss surgery and the other believes in intuitive eating? How can you be more sensitive to your partner's experience around food and body image, especially if you are in a smaller body than they are and don't face the same societal pressure to lose weight?
- Follow Aaron Flores, RDN on Instagram: @aaronfloresrdn or visit his website: http://www.smashtheweightriarchy.com/
- Join the Break the Diet Cycle Podcast Community on Instagram: @break.the.diet.pod
- Connect with Melissa on Instagram: @no.more.guilt
- Connect with Dalina on Instagram: @your.latina.nutritionist
This episode was sponsored by No More Guilt with Melissa Landry.
Reminder that though we are dietitians, but we’re not *YOUR* dietitian. Podcasts don’t constitute treatment. If you have concerns about your dieting behaviors, seek out guidance from a medical or mental health professional. And if you’re looking for the process, support, and focus you need to live life without food guilt apply for a coaching program from today’s sponsor. No More Guilt with Melissa Landry is currently enrolling clients into 1:1 programs, group programs, and, recently added a do-it-yourself learning format: the ex-dieter’s guide to No More Guilt.
Apply for a program at: www.melissalandrynutrition.com
Get your free starter guide at: https://melissalandrynutrition.com/resources/--- Send in a voice message: https://anchor.fm/breakthedietcycle/message