Manage episode 294630084 series 1984586
Eating healthy foods is great, but what if you don’t have time to prepare them every week. What can you do when you grow your own fruits and vegetables, have too much of them and they’re going to spoil? Food storage can be as important as food preparation and what foods you eat. In this episode, Dr. Nedd will cover:
- What the difference is between dehydrating foods and freeze-drying them.
- Foods you can and can’t dehydrate and freeze-dry.
- The equipment needed for dehydrating and freeze-drying.
- Which food storage methods retain the most nutrients.
- Canning foods as another method of storage.
- The advantages and disadvantages of each method.
Resources mentioned in this episode:
Nedd Chiropractic & Wellness Center
Phone: (727) 467-0775
1221 Cleveland St.
Clearwater, FL 33755