Building on the belief that a deeper understanding of the natural world enriches all of our lives, host Steven Rinella brings an in-depth and relevant look at all outdoor topics including hunting, fishing, nature, conservation, and wild foods. Filled with humor, irreverence, and things that will surprise the hell out of you, each episode welcomes a diverse group of guests who add their own expertise to the vast world of the outdoors. Part of The MeatEater Podcast Network.
096 | “Saving Maine’s deer Wintering Areas (Yards): Preserving Maine's Whitetail Deer Herd for the Next Generation of Whitetail Trackers"
Manage episode 319996292 series 2385359
- Special guest: Executive Director of Sportsman’s Alliance of Maine – David Trahan
- Dave explains the passage and context of LD 404 “An Act to Preserve Deer Habitat”
- $40 million dollars in direct appropriation
- Predator control
- The effect of anti-hunters if not closely monitored
- Big changes may be coming to Maine’s Any Deer Lottery
- May generate up to $750,000 extra each year which can be matched federally
- Everyone agrees we want to do what is best for the deer herd
- Don’t forget to use the discount code for your onX membership. Go to on onxmaps.com and enter discount code bwb for 20% discount. Please keep important feedback. Please use the link below. The Big Woods Team… https://www.bigwoodsbucks.com/Contact