Manage episode 58583148 series 7999
This may or may not be the last podcast of 2014. But, despite the holidays, we had a lot to talk about:
- We start by talking about the Sony hack, whether the studio was right in pulling The Interview in light of the threats (we don’t think they were), why this hack is so scary, and whether the news media should have reported on the embarrassing e-mails that really had no news value (00:00 – 28:20),
- Then we talk about the Golden Globe nominations, and the conundrum that arises because, even though TV fans shouldn’t take the Globes that seriously, the HFPA has been doing a good job recognizing shows and performances the Emmys do not (28:20 – 42:15),
- Then we start talking about winter finales, including the finale of The Voice. We mention why the winner wasn’t such a surprise, why Craig Wayne Boyd has a real shot at a career, and why everyone involved with the show except the contestants makes out like bandits (42:15 – 1:12:03),
- Then we discuss other winter finales, and talk about the Flash/Arrow crossover. We compare Arrow‘s “hot nerd” to The Flash‘s “hot nerd” and wondered why they didn’t fight one enemy for two episodes (1:12:03 – 1:19:00),
- Finally, we talk about a hodgepodge of other winter finales, including The Mindy Project, talk about the new Parks and Rec promo and hope the “way in the future of 2017!” theme wasn’t just for that promo, and briefly discuss why Getting On might be the best comedy on TV (1:19:00 – 1:32:29).
You can listen to the podcast above (if you don’t hear anything, fiddle with the volume slider), download it via this link, subscribe to our RSS feed, or subscribe via iTunes. You can also find us on the Stitcher radio app for smartphones and iPads. By the way, the bumper music is “Trevor Trailer Trash” from the late, great band Cropduster.