Manage episode 56666686 series 7999
Since Jason had some place to be, we ended up having one of our shortest podcasts since the early days. Not a ton is going on in the TV world, anyway, so we just chatted about the batbleep crazy stuff we’ve been seeing:
- We start by discussing what Joel had to do during the past week, which was watch The View. We discuss why this show needs a certain amount of… patience to watch (00:00 – 08:45),
- Then we talk about the debut of the new WGN America drama Manhattan, why it wasn’t bad but not great, why it’s a smart strategy for WGN for this to be its second show, and why it got a good rating, considering most people think WGN still just plays Cubs games (08:45 – 30:50),
- Then we talked about the good news that Undateable is being renewed for a second season (30:50 – 40:15),
- We then talk about why CBS moved Extant back an hour, why it didn’t mean a thing for the ratings, and why the DVR numbers make the show look a lot better than the overnights do (40:15 – 45:30),
- Then we talk about the success of Sharknado 2, why it’s in that “so bad it’s good” category, and why they need to be careful with all those celeb cameos (45:30 – 54:15),
- Finally, we talk about the oddball ABC reality competition The Quest, where the contestants intermingle with actors and the whole thing’s shot like a scripted series. You just have to see it to believe it (54:15 – 1:08:13).
You can listen to the podcast above (if you don’t hear anything, fiddle with the volume slider), download it via this link, subscribe to our RSS feed, or subscribe via iTunes. You can also find us on the Stitcher radio app for smartphones and iPads. By the way, the bumper music is “Trevor Trailer Trash” from the late, great band Cropduster.