Manage episode 338304873 series 2545692
โดย 19Nine Creative Content และถูกค้นพบโดย Player FM และชุมชนของเรา -- ลิขสิทธิ์นี้เป็นของผู้เผยแพร่ ไม่ใช่ Player FM โดยมีการสตรีมเสียงโดยตรงจากเซิร์ฟเวอร์ผู้เผยแพร่ กดปุ่มติดตามเพื่อติดตามการอัพเดทใน Player FM หรือวาง URL ฟีดนี้ไปยังแอพพอดคาสท์อื่น
- Today we’re going to talk with retired Western Athletic Conference commissioner Jeff Hurd about where college hoops has been and where it could be going.
- Jeff spent nearly 5 decades in college athletics, beginning with a stint as the sports information director at the University of Tulsa before serving as the director of public relations for the Missouri Valley Conference.
- The Missouri grad spent his last 37 years, however, with the Western Athletic Conference, the last 10 as its commissioner, and in that time the WAC might have undergone as much change as any Division I conference.
- Jeff joins us today to discuss his memories of the Missouri Valley Conference, when a Larry Bird-led Indiana State team charged into the national title game in 1979, to his favorite college basketball moments over the last 40-plus years before we get his thoughts on the future of college hoops amid major changes in the collegiate athletics landscape.
- Jeff, thanks for joining us on the 19nine podcast.
FOLLOW!19nine | Celebrating Hardwood History
19nine knows college basketball. Officially Licensed proud to partner with the leading universities.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.