Hardwood History | 19Nine Weekly Podcast | Cinderella Stories, The Sweet 16, And 1…All Time Buzzer Beaters
Manage episode 323575824 series 2545692
- Baylor fifth straight champion to not make it to Sweet 16 the year after winning it all
- St. Peter’s knocks off Kentucky
- Second straight year a 15 knocked off a 2 seed (Oral Robers vs OSU last year)
- Auburn knocked off by Miami Jabari Smith with only 10 points on 3/16 shooting
The week that was (Meyer)
- The Bracket’s where is everyone at what are your thoughts on the first day and start of the second day. Are conference tournaments still a good idea.
- Should we have a mid-season tournament?
- What does it mean to go to the Sweet 16 in an era where the only thing that really seems to matter is Championships.
Hardwood History we each pick a team/player/coach/game/memory from the past that stuck with us from growing up.
- The 1989-1990 Loyola Marymount squad is one of the most memorable college basketball teams of its generation, a reality rooted in its run-and-gun style of play as well as the tragic on-court death of its star, Hank Gathers, that turned the Lions into America’s team in March 1990.
- Jeff Fryer, the third-leading scorer on that Lions team, a fearless shooter who jacked up an NCAA Tournament record 22 three-point attempts against Arkansas in 1989, the Lions, the unorthodox scheme concocted by Coach Paul Westhead, the emotions of Gathers’ death, and the team’s resilient run to the Elite Eight. Falling to the eventual champion UNLV
One co-host will pick a topic and choose 3 of their favorite (fill in the blank) and explain while the other co-host gives their thoughts. the 3 favorite things gets to add an “And 1” to the category
- Favorite Buzzer Beater of all time? - Bryce Drew’s half court heave Valporaiso 1998, Tyus Eddney UCLA 1995, Kris Jenkins 2016, And 1…?