Manage episode 329551299 series 2968341
Inflammation is a natural defense mechanism that aids in healing, but what are the best alternative ways to reduce inflammation? Let's dive deeper into why inflammation is at the root of so many diseases, as Cyd Notter explains inflammatory risk factors and the importance of plant-based foods that prevent the progression of inflammation. Check out this episode to learn helpful information for newbies to the lifestyle and great reminders for the rest of us!
Key takeaways to listen for
- Inflammation: Definition, types, and symptoms
- Major types of pro-inflammatory food substances
- What is the best anti-inflammatory diet to follow?
- The role of C-reactive protein in determining inflammation in the body
- How does your favorite food trigger inflammation?
- The biggest misconceptions about the plant-based diet
Resources mentioned in this episode
- The Main Causes of Inflammation & How To Reduce It | Cyd Notter | HLS Podcast
- The Plan A Diet: Combining Whole Food, Plant-Based Nutrition with the Timeless Wisdom of Scripture by Cyd Notter Paperback | Kindle
- The 21-Day Meal Plan
- 3 Food Mistakes You're Making Which Lead to Painful Joints, Extra Pounds, and Health Problems the Doctors Aren't Solving
About Cyd Notter
Cyd Notter is a graduate of the Center for Nutrition Studies, a certified instructor for The Starch Solution and other dietary courses, a past newspaper columnist, and the author of the award-winning book The “Plan A” Diet: Combining Whole Food, Plant-Based Nutrition with the Timeless Wisdom of Scripture. She offered classes for many years as a Certified Health Educator for Dr. Pam Popper's Wellness Forum and has also worked with school district employees and a hospital’s fitness center. Today, Cyd offers personal nutrition coaching through her online transition course and speaks at various Veg Fests and local groups.
Connect with Cyd
- Website: Cyd Notter
- Facebook group: The "Plan A" Diet
- Email: email@example.com
- LinkedIn: Cyd Notter
- Youtube channel: Cyd Notter
All the show notes for our episodes are located on our podcast website:
Connect with Us
Website: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
YouTube channel: Healthy Lifestyle Solutions
Subscribe to our newsletter: Our Newsletter
Leave us a message: Speak Pipe Voicemail
Follow Us on Our Social Media Channels:Support the show