#003: Puppy (Jock Norton, Billy Howard and Will Michael)
Manage episode 327497139 series 3284162
Ahead of the release of their sophomore album 'Pure Evil', Danny (pronouns: he/him) sits down with London-based alt-rock pranksters Puppy: lead singer/guitarist Jock Norton (he/him), drummer Billy Howard (he/him) and bassist/singer Will Michael (he/him).
The band talk about their decision to self-produce 'Pure Evil' in the face of the global pandemic, their approach to their often-baffling visuals and their upcoming UK tour (AKA 'Tour Evil'). You can also expect chat about Danny Elfman, creepy nursery rhymes and the much-missed Gadget Shop along the way...
- Get Puppy's new album 'Pure Evil' (released 6th May through Rude Records): https://www.ruderecords.com/shop/?band=Puppy (also available digitally at https://music.ruderecords.com/pureevil)
- Buy a ticket to Puppy's 'Tour Evil' UK tour: http://pure-evil.co.uk/#tour
- Watch the video for '...And Watched It Glow', directed by Puppy: https://youtu.be/s81RkWTK9UM
- Watch the video for 'The Kiss', directed by Jacek Zmarz: https://youtu.be/2oqueXQVU8U
Subscribe to Escape Artists wherever you get your podcasts: https://linktr.ee/escapeartistspod
Follow Escape Artists on...
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/escapeartists_podcast/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/escartistspod
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/escapeartistspod
Email Danny now on email@example.com
- Puppy: 'The Kiss' (Rude Records)
- Puppy: '...And Watched It Glow' (Rude Records)
Theme tune: Blue Stragglers - 'All Mine' (Recorded live in session at The Sonic Bunker)