Manage episode 307298355 series 1256483
In this episode, single mum Jenny shares Part 2 of her story.
**Please note this episode and topic may act as a trigger for some people, and this episode is not suitable to listen to within earshot of children.**
In the last episode (Episode 273 - Part 1), Jenny talked about what life was like growing up with an alcoholic father and the sexual abuse she received from her father starting at the age of 9, and how she was betrayed by her own mother to protect her father. She shared how she overcame and thrived after sexual abuse.
In this episode, Jenny talks about her two marriages and touches on life as a single mum raising two daughters after getting divorced.
In this episode, she also shared:
- how she fell head over heels and married her first husband,
- what it was like dealing with her in-laws after they found out about her traumatic childhood,
- how both of her husbands coped with her traumatic childhood,
- how she gave in to her first husband's fantasies about sleeping with other men, which resulted in an unexpected pregnancy,
- the resentment she felt towards her first husband after he convinced her to terminate the pregnancy,
- the break up of her first marriage,
- going from having everything to having nothing,
- how the relationship with her second husband started,
- dealing with her second husband's drinking and depression which ultimately resulted in resentment and resurfacing of her childhood traumas,
- choosing to stay in the relationship for the children,
- how she chose not to settle and free herself from a loveless marriage and thrive as a single mum,
- and so much more!
Stay tuned for Part 3 that drops next week.
Links mentioned in the episode:
Listen to Episode 273 - Part 1 HERE.
Jump on the waitlist for Thrive Tribe HERE.
Download the E-book – Thirteen single mothers share their struggles, top tips, and their favourite things about being a single mother – HERE.
To contact Julia, email: email@example.com.
Visit us at Single Mother Survival Guide. And join the email list there too.