Manage episode 305706746 series 2930339
This is Gerhard’s first set of interviews from KubeCon North America 2021.
William Morgan shares with us some of the finer Linkerd details, such as the underlying security theme, why native Kubernetes objects are preferable to more CRDs, and the joy of meeting team members in person.
Frederic Branczyk speaks about Parca, a new continuous system profiling tool that uses eBPF to help you understand what is happening on your hosts.
Andrew Rynhard gives us a great Talos OS and Kubespan perspective, and shares some really good follow-up videos on these topics.
The last conversation is with David Flanagan - you know him as Rawkode - about new beginnings. It’s only been less than two months since we’ve had him in episode 18, and he kept really busy. Caleb, his 3 weeks old baby boy, was the youngest attendee at this conference, and some talks made him sleepy, so good job everyone.
Changelog++ members save 4 minutes on this episode because they made the ads disappear. Join today!
- Fly.io – Deploy your apps and databases close to your users. In minutes you can run your Ruby, Go, Node, Deno, Python, or Elixir app (and databases!) all over the world. No ops required. Learn more at fly.io/changelog and check out the speedrun in their docs.
- LaunchDarkly / TrajectoryConf – Software powers the world. LaunchDarkly empowers all teams to deliver and control their software. DevOps and feature management are reimagining how we build and release new products. On November 9th and 10th, LaunchDarkly is hosting Trajectory Conference 2021 — a two-day event for software innovators who want to break orbit, not systems. Trajectory is a fully-virtual conference that focuses on the technology, people, and processes that continuously deliver better user experiences and more powerful software. Register for free at trajectoryconf.com
- Incident.io – Create, manage, and resolve incidents directly in Slack. Use the
/incidentcommand to create and manage incidents. This command lets you share updates, assign roles, set important links and more – all without ever leaving the incident channel. Each incident gets their own Slack channel plus a high-res dashboard at incident.io with the entire timeline from report to resolution. Learn more and sign up for free at incident.io — no credit card required.
- Raygun – With Raygun Error and Performance Monitoring you have all the information you need at your fingertips to quickly find and fix errors and performance issues across your tech stack down to the line of code. Get started with a free 14-day trial, head to raygun.com and join thousands of customer-centric software teams who use Raygun every day.
- William Morgan – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Frederic Branczyk – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Andrew Rynhard – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn
- David Flanagan – Twitter, GitHub, Website
- Gerhard Lazu – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
William Morgan, Linkerd
- Overview and State of Linkerd - KubeCon EU 2021
- Announcing Linkerd 2.11: Policy, gRPC retries, performance improvements, and more!
- A Kubernetes engineer’s guide to mTLS - Mutual authentication for fun and profit
- Linkerd production runbook
- Linkerd Community Guide to KubeCon + CloudNativeCon NA 2021
Frederic Branczyk, Parca
- What Does the Future Hold for Observability? - Tom Wilkie & Frederic Branczyk - KubeCon EU 2019
- parca.dev - start profiling in seconds - Introducing Parca
- Frederic’s new coffee machine, one of his secrets for shipping new Parca features quickly
- Polar Signals Careers - a careers page to use for inspiration
- On Building Company Culture
Andrew Rynhard, Talos OS
- Talos is a modern OS for Kubernetes
- 🎬 COSI: The Common Operating System Interface - Steven Borrelli & Andrew Rynhard - KubeCon EU 2021
- 🎬 Playing with KubeSpan at home - Andrey Smirnov - Setting up KubeSpan on Talos 0.13 for a hybrid home cluster: QEMU VMs, Raspberry Pi 4 and AWS Graviton instances
- 🎬 Managing bare-metal Kubernetes with Sidero
David Flanagan, new beginnings
Something missing or broken? PRs welcome!