Exclusive, insightful audio interviews by our staff with banking/security leading practitioners and thought-leaders. Transcripts are also available on our site!
Manage episode 297617457 series 1341557
โดย James Laws และถูกค้นพบโดย Player FM และชุมชนของเรา -- ลิขสิทธิ์นี้เป็นของผู้เผยแพร่ ไม่ใช่ Player FM โดยมีการสตรีมเสียงโดยตรงจากเซิร์ฟเวอร์ผู้เผยแพร่ กดปุ่มติดตามเพื่อติดตามการอัพเดทใน Player FM หรือวาง URL ฟีดนี้ไปยังแอพพอดคาสท์อื่น
- [0:01:05] Episode Summary | Intro
- Give Us Your Thoughts on the Show!
- [0:03:16] Managing Yourself
- Applicable to Everyone, Even if You’re Not Actively in a Leadership Position
- If you don’t have a culture of people who can/will self manage...you’ll notice it quickly.
- In distributed work you have to focus on objectives over time tracking.
- Activity can be disguised as progress, but oftentimes it’s anything but.
- [0:07:12] Things we do to Manage Ourselves
- Incrementally enhancing the mundane has a positive ripple effect.
- Improving sleep is a prime example.
- Start every day with a loose list of things you can accomplish, that which if completed will ensure you feel successful.
- Identify your Essential Three:
- What are the three things that are imperative to move forward today?
- Try to make sure the thing you do not want to do is on that list, attempt it first; the goal is that hopefully you can then snowball through the rest of the day on easy mode.
- Get your mind engaged without focusing on work.
- Whether through exercise, meditation, spiritual and/or philosophical studies.
- Be wary: you can’t have multiple focuses and still be focused.
- [0:17:29] The Crucial Piece in Self Management is Finding Time to Unplug
- Self-care is 100% vital.
- Schedule, prioritize, and protect your time for self-care.
- Be flexible and don’t punish yourself when things don’t go according to plan.
- You will have bad days, and if you can accept that, you can bounce back from it with greater success.
- [0:22:05] Preventing “Bad Days” as Much as Possible
- What are the distractions that could get in your way, the things that could steal you away from a good day?
- We all have our own triggers, but being mindful of them can help you avoid distractions on a daily basis.
- We can underestimate the impact of minor disruptions.
- Rarely are you responsible for putting out every fire.
- Be flexible, but stick to your schedule overall.
- [0:27:42] Parting Words & Advice
- There’s always more work to be done than there is time.
- When you’re managing relationships, the most important one for you to be managing is yourself.
- Next Time on AIB