Manage episode 293482447 series 85988
You've probably heard the term "data-driven content strategy," but what does that mean exactly? And how can it be applied to our social media content?
Enter James Creech, Co-Founder & CEO of Measure Studio, whose motto is "It's a pleasure to measure." In our interview we uncover a lot of great tips vis a vis how to properly measure social media content and what insights for our social media strategy we can find from doing so.
Some of the things we talked about in this episode include:
- Finding an effective social content strategy is hard. It's a blend of art and science that requires constant experimentation and refinement. To do so effectively, you need strong tools at your disposal that go beyond the limited analytics available natively from social platforms.
- The first 24 - 72 hours are critical for assessing content performance. You want to establish a strong early trajectory for your content to rank highly in search and boost organic discovery.
- Benchmarking content performance allows you to understand what's working and what's not working, so you can focus on making incremental improvements over time. This is particularly valuable given how often social platforms' algorithms change.
[1:15] Introduction of podcast guest, James Creech
[3:50] How James Got Involved with Influencer Marketing
[6:20] What James' Business Offers
How does Measure Studio differ from other content measurement tools?
[9:22] Measure Studio's Price Point
[15:30] How to Create Brand Impact
When creating a content strategy you need to think of the elements. Ask yourself, who is your ideal customer? Where do you want to reach them?
[19:31]Benchmark Number of Hours Per Platform
[21:49] Important Metrics to Benchmark
[25:25] Where Measure Studio Focuses On
[29:56] James' Role in Biden Harrison Campaign
[31:57] James' Final Advice to the Listeners
[32:21] Ways to Be More Effective With Your Social Media Content
- Influencers are people, as much as they have distribution. They are also creative that storytellers have this really meaningful connection with their fans. And the only way to truly do that effectively is to organically get a tap into that authenticity in that audience.
- We want creatives to be able to express themselves. We want brand marketers to be able to communicate the awesome things that they're doing and what their product stands for. But in order to do that, you have to understand how it lands with your audience who enable the best forms of creativity.
- It doesn't mean you need to be on every social platform, you need to pick and choose which are the most important, then from there, understand the native content experience, the audience, an experience that is unique to each platform.
James Creech Links
- Measure Studio: https://measure.studio
Neal Schaffer Links
- Join My Group Coaching Membership Community: https://nealschaffer.com/membership/
- Learn More About My Fractional CMO Consulting Services: https://nealschaffer.com/fractional-cmo-services-by-neal-schaffer/
- The Age of Influence Free Preview: https://nealschaffer.com/age-of-influence-preview
- Download My Marketing Tools Guidebook (50 Tools Recommended): https://nealschaffer.com/marketing-tools-guide
- Learn More About This Podcast: https://nealschaffer.com/maximize-your-social-influence-podcast/