Manage episode 292466839 series 2291046
Catholic Culture's own Phil Lawler has written a new book addressing what he sees as flaws in the response of Catholic leaders and laity to the pandemic and advocating a different approach - Contagious Faith: Why the Church Must Spread Hope, Not Fear, in a Pandemic.
Topics covered in this interview include:
- How the Church's behavior in this pandemic differs from the oft-cited response of St. Charles Borromeo to plague
- Why a confrontation with civil authorities must be forced to ameliorate the evil precedent set for future actions against the Church
- How the laity can encourage their priests and bishops to defy illegitimate restrictions on the Mass
- Is there a moral obligation to take extraordinary measures to protect one's neighbor from even the slightest risk of catching a disease?
- Catholics must be a witness to hope in the power of prayer and in eternal life
Watch discussion on YouTube: https://youtu.be/aFxgWqp1J80
Phil Lawler, Contagious Faith https://www.sophiainstitute.com/products/item/contagious-faith
This podcast is a production of CatholicCulture.org. If you like the show, please consider supporting us! http://catholicculture.org/donate/audio