Smarter Destiny Podcast: Quick Proven Growth Tactics From Founders You Can Use ASAP - Subscribe Now!
#115 - Tyler Merritt on Manufacturing in the USA, Scaling Responsibly and the Marketing Strategy for 2021
Manage episode 289719765 series 2660013
Tyler Merritt is an air mission commander turned serial entrepreneur, co-founder at Nine Line Apparel, an 8-figure apparel company that has been around since 2012 and it's going to make 20 millions dollars in revenue this year. In today's episode we will be talking about transitioning out of the military and becoming an entrepreneur. We will also discuss how Nine Line achieved massive growth manufacturing in the USA, and the marketing strategy they are using for 2021. All this and much more, up next.
- Bullet points
- 00:32 - Intro
- 02:38 - The start as an entrepreneur
- 05:40 - Transitioning out of the military
- 07:35 - First venture and doing good: Nine Line
- 10:00 - &BAM
- 12:09 - Making sacrifices
- 14:54 - Achieving massive growth
- 24:01 - The marketing strategy for 2021
- 28:29 - Manufacturing in the USA
- 33:13 - Opening retail stores and other current projects
- 38:00 - Marketing campaigns and ROI
- 39:31 - Old methods that are coming back in 2021: Mailouts
- 43:05 - Responsible manufacturing
- 49:18 - Rapid fire question round
- 49:32 - If you ever had to start again, how would you make your money?
- 50:52 - What is the most common or biggest mistake that you see leaders making?
- 52:37 - Who is the best leader ever (alive or dead) and why?
- 54:25 - How do you hire top talent?
- 57:24 - What is one of your proudest moments?
- 01:00:19 - What is one interesting fact about you that not many people would know?
- 01:01:47 - What daily routines do you have (morning or evening) that have helped make you successful?
- 01:09:24- What book (or books) changed your mindset or life?
- 01:13:54 - What advice would you give your younger self?
- 01:16:15 - What unusual or underrated food or drink should more people try out?
- 01:18:11 - What makes you happiest?
- 01:20:22 - Any asks or requests for the audience?