Manage episode 286215574 series 2641903
Do you love Clinician's Brief: The Podcast? Well, you're in luck! Clinician's Brief Partner Podcast is here! Join host Katie Berlin, DVM, as she dives into conversations with industry leaders on clinical and business topics. Enjoy this sneak peek series with Dr. Berlin, brought to you by CareCredit and Pets Best.
In episode 3 of this 5-part series on providing proactive care for a lifetime, host Katie Berlin, DVM, and Matthew Salois, PhD, AVMA Chief Economist, discuss how having more conversations about money can ultimately lead to greater trust between pet owners and veterinary teams, which often means pets get better care. Dr. Salois shares his views on pet insurance, third-party payment options, and the importance of communicating early and often about finances.
References to Stats Mentioned by Dr. Salois:
- Boesler M. Almost 40% of Americans would struggle to cover a $400 emergency. Bloomberg. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-05-23/almost-40-of-americans-would-struggle-to-cover-a-400-emergency. Published May 23, 2019. Accessed January 12, 2021.
- American Veterinary Medical Association. AVMA Pet Ownership and Demographics Sourcebook: 2017-2018 Edition. AVMA website. https://www.avma.org/sites/default/files/resources/AVMA-Pet-Demographics-Executive-Summary.pdf. Accessed January 12, 2021.
Where to find us:
- Twitter: @cliniciansbrief
- Instagram: @clinicians.brief
- Katie Berlin, DVM - Host
- Alexis Ussery - Producer & Digital Content Coordinator
- Randall Stupka - Podcast Production & Sound Editing