Manage episode 286006949 series 2545692
On Today’s show, we have a mash-up involving a 19Nine Classic and a School Spirit with the 19Nine’s release of the Rex Chapman and a Hinrich/Collison Final Four Kansas Jayhawks Apparel. Join us as we look back at a legendary game involving Langford and the Jayhawks and talk about some of the history, present, and future of Kansas Basketball. Now onto the show.
Big Picture Context/Can’t Let it Go
- Kansas I mean Kansas
- Talk about Naismith, Phog Allen, Dean Smith, Rupp
- Talk about How many Final Fours 15, 6 Runner up, 3 Chips
- Talk about McClendon
- Is there a benefit to going to back to back final fours
- How much does just getting hot matter in the tournament
How much about winning is just luck because this Kansas Team would win in so many years (tease the top 50)
Set the Scene
- Team full of talent at seemingly every position.
- Kansas high scoring fast breaking team.
- Trying to build up the other team like it could be close like hot shooting fill in the blank
- At the start of the game in the intro they make it seem like you wouldn’t know which team you’d want to coach. Kansas seems like the clear choice.
Design Corner/Barnet’s Beat
- Talk about why how you chose Kansas and the team/Players you picked
- What did this team mean to you
- We had Paul Shirley on and he said that the Danny Manning Team was the singular team that meant the most to him growing up. I think because College teams can be like shooting stars and seem fleeting it can really stir emotion in us.
- Jordan Headbands love those
- Not a great time for shoes. I was trying to figure out if one of the Kansas guys had Foamposites on but I think it was too late for those and too early for Retros
Game Moments/Play of the Game
Hinrich Threes (Play Audio)
19nine knows college basketball. Officially Licensed proud to partner with the leading universities.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may receive a commission at no extra cost to you.