Manage episode 281795186 series 2342628
Nobody could have predicted in March 2020 that the UK property market would enter a mini-boom during a global pandemic. Join Kevin today as he discusses whether the market will continue to rise or fall in 2021. Kevin looks at the reasons behind the 2020 property boom, why putting your money into property is a safe option and why you should only invest in properties that can pay you a positive income every month.
- In 2020 we saw a mini property boom. Who would have thought that house prices would have continued to rise throughout a global pandemic? This happened for a number of reasons. One reason is because of the stamp duty holiday which lit the flame of the property market boom.
- Those that were put on furlough also caused a rise in the property market since they actually had more available money and more time to think about the type of lifestyle they wanted. Interest also dropped to 0.1% meaning people were getting less money on their savings.
- If you have more than £85,000 in your bank account and the bank you’re with goes under you will only be protected for the £85,000. People with cash have been moving their money into property as it is safe there.
- In ten years’ time house prices will be higher than they are today. The experts in the property industry are talking about a 4% rise in the property industry. Even if there is a reduction in the market this year you can still buy value. You do not want to buy a property where there is no way to add value.
- All you can do is buy what is in front of you today. Make sure you have got the numbers right, make sure you purchase a property that can pay you a positive income every single month.
“Could banks go bust again? Who knows? Anything is possible.”
“Property is the safest thing you can put your money in.”
“Nobody knows exactly what is going to happen. You would need a crystal ball”
“You make your money when you buy”
SUBSCRIBE TO THE A NEW INVESTMENT SERIES
Episode One: How to Perfectly Invest £10,000 | The Best Stocks | Property | Gold & Classic Cars
Watch Live On The Progressive Property YouTube Channel Every Monday At7PM Tiny.cc/PPTV
Listen To Audio Recordings On The Money Podcast bit.ly/moneypodcastitunes
ABOUT THE HOST
Kevin McDonnell is a Speaker, Author, Mentor & Professional Property Investor. He is an expert when it comes to creative property investment strategies. His book No Money Down: Property Invest talks about how to control and cash flow other people’s property to create financial freedom.
See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.