Manage episode 274240800 series 1749831
How do you identify good candidates and secure them in a way that makes everyone happy? How should hiring managers and candidates approach the salary negotiation conversation? Does hiring leverage still exist? Mark Holyoake from Holyoake Search joins me to have a conversation about the state of procurement recruiting. Mark specializes in procurement executive search and contract staffing. He’s US-based and has worked in the industry for 20+ years. His unique view of the procurement market brings remarkable insight to the conversation. Don’t miss it!
Outline of This Episode
- [1:43] Mark’s background in procurement recruiting
- [3:10] Where the market is for procurement
- [8:04] The mindset around hiring leverage
- [12:19] How to prepare for a candidate negotiation
- [15:37] Where does Mark’s advice land?
- [18:07] Does personal branding matter?
- [21:50] The salary negotiation conversation
- [28:11] How to connect with Mark Holyoake
Resources & People Mentioned
- Institute for Supply Management (ISM)
- Mark’s Article: Talent Acquisition in the ‘Next Normal’
- Drew McCaskill on LinkedIn
Connect with Mark Holyoake
Connect With Mark
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on Twitter: @NegotiationPod
- Connect with Mark on LinkedIn
- Follow Negotiations Ninja on LinkedIn
- Connect on Instagram: @NegotiationPod